Randomtivity

Friday, August 22, 2008

my grandmother

4-ish months (19 weeks and 1 day) ago my father's father passed away. (for those who know me - 19 years ago, on august 28, my father passed away).

anyway, at that time my 84 year old grandmother told my 29 year old sister that her 'life was over'.

we, naturally, assumed that she was sad and missing her husband. a man she had known for 60 plus years. apparently we were wrong.

4 weeks ago today she entered a hospice care center. for those who ever wanted to know when they would die - no you don't.

i am not saying we know when my grandmother may pass, but when you enter a hospice care center . . . it's soon.

this past month has been extremely stressful for my sister and i.

my mother, well my mother kind of strives in stressful, tragic situations.

it's proven to be more than i can handle.

3 Comments:

  • It is a tough thing - my Grandfather was in one for some time and I had a hard time with it. It's just not the way I wanted to remember him if that makes sense.

    By Blogger piehammer, at August 23, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

  • I am SO sorry!
    My grandparents are slipping as well. It sucks to get old!
    Grandparents are such SPECIAL people! I understand the stress...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 24, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

  • you know i know exactly how you feel. i know it is a lot to handle, but you being there for her will probably end up meaning more to her than you can imagine. have faith!

    By Blogger jodi, at August 27, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home